PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Corvette Z06

AMG_POWER
01-21-2003, 03:41 PM
saw brand new black Z06 !!! I think it's really beautifull and in future if they improve interrior that would be one sweet ride!!! i would take z06 over a viper (old one). Plus it has some mad performance, like 1-G in Cornering( dunno what the hell is that but it can't be bad) plus the car i pretty much light and handles pretty good, i say it's pure Racing car. What do you say?

1BADBMW
01-21-2003, 05:13 PM
Z06 is a very nice car, i like it more than viper too [the new viper is ugly IMO*thmbsdwn* , but performance wise it's good]
oh, G is the pulling force that gravity appleis on you, so 1G while cornering is like if you time your wight by 1 in newtons, that's how much force you'll experiance, which also indicates that Z06 can take corners pertty fast [the main cuz is it's low centre of gravity]*th-up* .......*sleep*

Rolled_Out
01-21-2003, 05:16 PM
the 405 horse Z06 is awesome! fast as hell, and soudns sweeeet... but i like having my car made out of steel :)

SickFinga
01-21-2003, 05:51 PM
VIPER all the way of you ask me.
For me Viper is one of the most beautiful cars out there.

330DTM
01-21-2003, 09:58 PM
I personally think the Corvette is a great overall car. I mean it's got ample power, handling, and nice interior. However, I can't stand those V8 engines.

I was born to love only one type of engine....Inline-6 :P
I wouldn't mind driving that car, but given the choice, E36 M3 :P!!!

M50E30
01-21-2003, 10:25 PM
The new Z06 405hp V8 (all aluminum) is a killer engine! *mw*

Just look at what Lingenfelter can do to a Vette & Viper

http://www.lingenfelter.com/
*love*

M-ATTACK
01-21-2003, 10:49 PM
too bad Lingenfelter cant make his cars hook

EMPOWERD
01-22-2003, 12:37 AM
My brother's best friend has a yellow Z06... One day last summer he threw me the keys so I can take it out by myself for a while. I was HELLA IMPRESSED. I honestly couldn't believe it was a domestic car. It handled and braked like a true European Exotic, but torque and power scream U.S.A. The thing that really disturbed me was that I felt like I was gonna be arrested just sitting at a red light... COP MAGNET.

1BADBMW
01-22-2003, 12:50 AM
holy shiiiiit:eek: , they have 500 HP package for H2 http://www.lingenfelter.com/pac6ltmagschum.asp man that's tiiiiiite*love* .....H2 is da killa*uzi*

SickFinga
01-22-2003, 01:02 AM
They have 700hp Escalade EXT

That's my next car

Sickbimmer
01-22-2003, 01:18 AM
I'd take a Z06 over a viper anyday*mw*

BMW_M52_M20
01-22-2003, 03:21 AM
Very nice car, ****ing ugly interior cheap like most domestics (except for a few)

Bill Gates
01-22-2003, 02:50 PM
I've always loved Corvettes, especially the Z06's.... its the only domestic car i'm really fond of.

now i prefer a porsche 911 turbo. the Z06 seems to be growing in size every new release.

1BADBMW
01-22-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by SickFinga
They have 700hp Escalade EXT

That's my next car

Bmw has 700hp X5 called Leman, but H2 just scares the shiit outta ppl on the road!*uzi*

Bill Gates
01-22-2003, 03:18 PM
the only bad thing i've heard about Z06 is that they start to rattle after 2yrs of normal driving... i guess its the crappy plastic interior they put on most domestics.... :D

SickFinga
01-22-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by 1BADBMW
Bmw has 700hp X5 called Leman, but H2 just scares the shiit outta ppl on the road!*uzi*

yeah concept car which will never see roads

and that requires rebuilds every what? 1000km?

mkgino
01-22-2003, 04:43 PM
Well, I like the car but I have always thought about it as a car for a more mature person. Every time I see one in toronto, its usually an old mad driving it 40km/h on city streets. That kind of goes for mercedes and Porche's also (no offence Randy). Now with BMW's it is kind of the same thing, but I still see younger people in a BMW than the others.

Polish
01-22-2003, 04:56 PM
ya i saw a Z06 on my way to the winterbeater meet, thats the reason i got lost :( fast machine, looks amazing, and yes mkgino, old guy was driving, but he put the medal down enough for me to be satisfied :) btw he dusted the shit out of me, haha :D

1BADBMW
01-22-2003, 05:44 PM
yeah concept car which will never see roads

and that requires rebuilds every what? 1000km?

i read in a car mag that the leman X5 will have a limited production for sale!:confused: and why would it need rebuild, there's nothing unormal about the car!:huh?: ......:cool:

PBalla
01-23-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
saw brand new black Z06 !!! I think it's really beautifull and in future if they improve interrior that would be one sweet ride!!! i would take z06 over a viper (old one). Plus it has some mad performance, like 1-G in Cornering( dunno what the hell is that but it can't be bad) plus the car i pretty much light and handles pretty good, i say it's pure Racing car. What do you say?

stop avoiding the subject....the real issue here is your false and outrageous sig!

SickFinga
01-23-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by 1BADBMW
i read in a car mag that the leman X5 will have a limited production for sale!:confused: and why would it need rebuild, there's nothing unormal about the car!:huh?: ......:cool:

no it is not going into production, why?? It has a race engine from LMR

Sylak
01-29-2003, 05:16 PM
the Z)? his a great car! it's very Light ( for a V8 powered car) handle like hell and got power! and it's cheap! ( yeah the interior is cheap but for 60 000$ can you got a bomb) But even with his lower price compare to a E46 M3... i'll buy the M3.. more raffined car and i trust this bimmer to be more reliable taht a GM! ( but GM V8 are good engine, but the construction quality his not the best)

///Milk
02-07-2003, 02:59 PM
i see Z06s everywhere!
they're getting old IMO
ya i would rather have a car made of steel not carbon fiber.
hah!
i would love to see how fast a Z06 is if it was made of steel
Vipers are HOT
its worth spending 20k more then the z06

M3_Styles
02-07-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
The new Z06 405hp V8 (all aluminum) is a killer engine! *mw*

Just look at what Lingenfelter can do to a Vette & Viper

http://www.lingenfelter.com/
*love*

they dont hvae it on there but in my dupont registry there is a lingenfelter vette with 1001 hp for sale.
its sooo sick
i like vettes, very nice and good performance cars...not too fond of the interior tho..

tlaselva
02-07-2003, 06:20 PM
Funny you should mention the Z06.

Picking mine up in 8 days! :P

Oh, there's gonna be some rubber laid this summer!;)

Moe, ur on!

Originally posted by mkgino
Well, I like the car but I have always thought about it as a car for a more mature person. Every time I see one in toronto, its usually an old mad driving it 40km/h on city streets. That kind of goes for mercedes and Porche's also (no offence Randy). Now with BMW's it is kind of the same thing, but I still see younger people in a BMW than the others.

Agreed. I've seen a few Z06's, and it's always guy's my age or older. Never young ppl like I see with the M3's. :confused:

SickFinga
02-07-2003, 06:31 PM
So M3 is sold?

mkgino
02-07-2003, 06:33 PM
So M3 is sold?

GIVE IT TO MEEEE!!! I will give it a good home!!*th-up*

tlaselva
02-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Traded in the M for the Z.

Got 8 days of fun with the M left.*angel*

MP328
02-08-2003, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva

did u have to pay anything on top? or they giving u some money back?

btw. i can still kick your ass at go karting :cool: *th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
02-08-2003, 02:18 AM
i just saw a video on the Z...nice car, it beat the M3 in lapping, i like it...but like the M3 better

god i want a track car so bad.

M50E30
02-08-2003, 11:05 AM

Tony,

We want details! Year, colour, possible future mods, etc...

And I definatly want a ride!

Dave
*th-up*

Jon@Bimmersport
02-08-2003, 02:20 PM

wait wait, nissan Z or Z06?

either way..can i have a joy ride? :D

gonna miss ur M3! take some pics with that 4MP digital camera u have

EMPOWERD
02-08-2003, 02:48 PM
READ THE REST OF THE THREAD! of course he's talking about a Z06, why would be bring up a 350Z on a Corvette thread?

Polish
02-08-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i just saw a video on the Z...nice car, it beat the M3 in lapping, i like it...but like the M3 better

god i want a track car so bad.

like you just posted that after he said he traded the M3 for the Z06, then like 1 reply later you ask wait wait, the 350Z or a Z06, like your such a post whore man*no-no*

MP328
02-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Sith
like you just posted that after he said he traded the M3 for the Z06, then like 1 reply later you ask wait wait, the 350Z or a Z06, like your such a post whore man*no-no*

exactly there is a little button in the right hand corner of your post called EDIT

1BADBMW
02-08-2003, 10:24 PM
no it is not going into production, why?? It has a race engine from LMR

i take your word for it! but the mag said if you have the $$$$$ they make you one!*mw*

tlaselva
02-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by MP328
did u have to pay anything on top? or they giving u some money back?
btw. i can still kick your ass at go karting :cool: *th-up*

Unfortunately new cars depreciate very quickly.
Went to 4 Chevy dealerships, and only had one that would even consider a trade in + cash for less than 10G's.

With some bargaining, got a brand new '03 Quick Silver one for the M3 plus $7500 dollars.
QS is not my favourite colour, but it's discreet, which will help keep the cops off my posterior. With a Z06, I'm going to need it. Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.

One of the reason's I traded the Z for the M, (Yes it's a Z06 John), is the aftermarket for this car is huge, and it's retarded how far you can go with this car, at a relatively reasonable price.
Going to start with the X pipe and intake mods. That should net me high 300's in HP&TRQ to the rear wheels.
Not going to go crazy with the mods at first. This car unlike the M doesn't have the electronical sophistication in safety features like TC, SC, and ABS.
The Z06 is a car will not save you from yourself. Take this car beyond its envelope, and you are going to be in trouble. At this point, I think it would be prudent that I learn to drive this car properly, and once I've learned to properly handle it, then I'll up the performance.

Be happy to take anyone for a ride. Just ask when we meet.

Still gonna be sad when I take the plates off the M.......:(

Hey John, empty ur PM box. Trying to send u a PM.

Bavaria
02-08-2003, 11:22 PM
never liked american cars, german all the way, ill let the Z8 murder that mullet

tlaselva
02-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Bavaria
never liked american cars, german all the way, ill let the Z8 murder that mullet

Z8 murder the Z06?

I think you need to educate yourself on cars ....... :rolleyes:
Oh, and can do it at less than half the price.

Bavaria
02-08-2003, 11:29 PM
yes i know i am in denile...just cant face the fact!!!!!
just despise the car, i know it would own the Z8 but hey too bad

tlaselva
02-08-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Bavaria
yes i know i am in denile...just cant face the fact!!!!!
just despise the car, i know it would own the Z8 but hey too bad

In a perfect world, BMW would make a E46 M3 with the performance of a Z06 at the current price point. Alas, this is not so.

The only real option for this is to install the M5 engine in the E46.
Inquired at several sources, and the cost are in the high 5 digit figures. Doesn't make sense to own a 150G E46 M3.

I'm not the biggest fan of domestics. I haven't bought a domestic in over 13 years. But there's no denying the performance potential of the Z06 for the money. As soon as BMW manufactures a car that has the performance of a Z06, and V8 reliability, I'll likely go back to BMW

Jon@Bimmersport
02-08-2003, 11:56 PM
tony PM box is emptied..sorry

hey, it was all because of the best motoring i borrowed, and dropped in the toilet! (jk randy)...that car is one sick machine!

M50E30
02-09-2003, 12:05 AM
Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.

Say it ain't so Tony! Say it ain't so!

I say keep the exterior stock looking with the exception of some nice HRE wheels and then tweak away at suspension (if it is even possible) and driveline!

*th-up*

GR8 Ride
02-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Unfortunately new cars depreciate very quickly.
Went to 4 Chevy dealerships, and only had one that would even consider a trade in + cash for less than 10G's.

With some bargaining, got a brand new '03 Quick Silver one for the M3 plus $7500 dollars.
QS is not my favourite colour, but it's discreet, which will help keep the cops off my posterior. With a Z06, I'm going to need it. Going to run a stripe from the front to the back of the car, likely in black, or red.

One of the reason's I traded the Z for the M, (Yes it's a Z06 John), is the aftermarket for this car is huge, and it's retarded how far you can go with this car, at a relatively reasonable price.
Going to start with the X pipe and intake mods. That should net me high 300's in HP&TRQ to the rear wheels.
Not going to go crazy with the mods at first. This car unlike the M doesn't have the electronical sophistication in safety features like TC, SC, and ABS.
The Z06 is a car will not save you from yourself. Take this car beyond its envelope, and you are going to be in trouble. At this point, I think it would be prudent that I learn to drive this car properly, and once I've learned to properly handle it, then I'll up the performance.

Actually, I think you'll find the Z06 to be completely the opposite of the M3 in that sense. The Z06 has TONS of traction control, yaw control, active handling type crap in it at the moment. For the 2001 version, it was functionally impossible to turn it all off (you could disable it to some extent, but not shut it off completely). From 2002 on, this was supposedly fixed, and you could actually drive the car yourself.

However, the Z06 does a much better job at *saving the driver's a$$* than the M3 does. We've had several at the track, and I've driven a few of them. Damn fast cars (I still want one badly, as my daily driver!!), but left up to the computer, it will interfere in EVERY corner. In fact, the Z06 can make a bad driver look like (and unfortunately believe) that he is a lot better than he really is.

I'll give Chevy credit, they certainly got the car right this time. It's the first true sports car I've seen out of them yet, and definately better bang for the buck than the Viper.

With the right preparation and driver, these cars are capable of high 1:20s at Mosport in a highly streetable configuration (ie, still stock appearing).

Pat

slemmer
02-09-2003, 12:30 AM
$ for $ the Corvette has the best performance in comparision to such cars as Ferraris, etc. The N.American build draws it down in value though. Still a sharp looking car!

tlaselva
02-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by GR8 Ride

However, the Z06 does a much better job at *saving the driver's a$$* than the M3 does. We've had several at the track, and I've driven a few of them. Damn fast cars (I still want one badly, as my daily driver!!), but left up to the computer, it will interfere in EVERY corner. In fact, the Z06 can make a bad driver look like (and unfortunately believe) that he is a lot better than he really is.

With the right preparation and driver, these cars are capable of high 1:20s at Mosport in a highly streetable configuration (ie, still stock appearing).

Pat

Thanks for the note Pat.
Was under the impression that the Z didn't have the safety features to the extent of BMW's M3. Knew about SC, but I wasn't aware that it's as good as you say it is. Good to know.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-09-2003, 03:12 AM
guys guys..if any of you want to see it, swing by my house....tlaselva didnt tell you because he didnt want maxbimmer gangin up on him!

WASABI
02-09-2003, 03:25 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Great choice ! If I had known, I would have bought the ///M off you. ;) ... j/k