PDA

View Full Version : Hesitation problem

noid
02-03-2008, 11:03 PM
My cars having a hesitation problem. It will rev fine in neutral, however once you put it into gear it will go up untill 2000-3000 rpm then die down to then rev back up to 2000-3000 again without actually shutting off and will do this repeatedly. While this is happening i can engage the clutch and it will rev perfectly fine in neutral. Sometimes after driving for a bit it'll go away. Iv also realized that sometimes if open the coolant res cap air will rush out and if i bleed the coolant at the same time the problem will go away. The coolant light is also on in the car and after replacing the coolant it still hasn't shut off. If left idleing for to long it will also heat up to the red, but as soon as you start driving it will go back to the middle and stay there (airflow im guessing cools it down). What could this be?

supernaught
02-04-2008, 09:36 AM
thermostat is not working
You have a coolant leak(im guessing at the thermostat housing)
Check you oil for milky colour, could this be a bad head gasket?

Shoes R
02-04-2008, 12:01 PM
could also be your water pump

T.Dot_E30
02-04-2008, 12:13 PM
could be anything, take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

You've mentioned like 4 or 5 different problems, all of which could be a number of different things. Impossible to dianose online with the info you provided without guessing

noid
02-04-2008, 03:36 PM
thermostat is not working
You have a coolant leak(im guessing at the thermostat housing)
Check you oil for milky colour, could this be a bad head gasket?

I just changed it a couple days ago and it was clearly black with no discoloration.

slimjim
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
when was the last time you changed ur fuel filter?

noid
02-04-2008, 10:07 PM
like a week ago

slimjim
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
i think ur rpm problem has something with fuel/ignition. i may not be as knowledgable as others on this forum but sometimes simple thinking is the way to go:D

these are something i think may be wrong.

vacum leak
***dirty injectors***
worn spark plugs/ incorrect gap
low fuel pressure (messed fuel pump)
or maybe something with the MAF

agian, as mentioned previously, its hard to diagnose over the interent, ur best bet if u have checked/replaced all these things is to take it to a shop.

supernaught
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
A rebuilt head, new intake injection and exhaust, sensors, engine wiring harness, ecu and you should be close to right as rain

supernaught
02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
I would consider dirty injectors a big possibility.
Also, when was the last time you changed the timing belt? I'm guessing a while otherwise you should have spotted the coolant leak(probably from a failed waterpump or thermo housing)
But Damn, replace your thermostat before your head gasket does blow or worse.