PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1999 Bmw M3 (Black/BLack)

BMWzzz
02-02-2008, 10:38 PM
ill post up all info and pictures when i get time... just want to see if there is any actual interest... i dont want any jokers that are gonna offer me less.. price is fairly firm

$14500 AS IS (you can take it to mechanic to get it checked out...only reason i cant sell it CERT/ETEST is because i bought it theft recov and i havent finished it)
it needs: paint trunk lid, tail light bulb things, front grills, fog lights, corner light, new fender (this one has a dent in it), m3 side skirts, paint front end (its got new M3 bumper) etc... if you want more info just PM ME

car is sold THROUGH DEALER (its who i bought it from) 13%tax,
40000miles, 5speed, black on black, power vaders, M3 rims (not the contours, the other ones), new O2 sensor, nice tires...

anyways like i said.. if your really interested and serious give me a shout
if i dont get what i want ill eventually finish it, the stupid little parts piss me off... noone has em, stupid taillight bulbs and shit

$14500 AS IS, 99 m3 40M 5spd

will post pics when i get em!

T.Dot_E30
02-02-2008, 11:25 PM
thref recov? does it have a salavage title? clean? branded?

What was damaged and stolen? and why so much.

BMWzzz
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
right my bad should have mentioned everything

suspension H&R in back
some adjustable one in front..its red, not sure what brand
i got it from here theft, it was missing taillights trunklid airbags, stereo system, headlights, front end (minus fenders and hood), mirrors,
it was salvaged in the states, i had a carfax report but i dont know where it is, i think i might have it printed,

$14500 is a lot for a 99?
what are they worth cert/etest?

windsorbmw
02-03-2008, 03:01 PM
For a salvage title....yes $14500 is too much also where are the pics?

Soldo
02-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Much too high for a salvaged car, especially in the shape that it is. You can get a cert/emissioned E36 M3 for not too much more. For a car like that, considering what needs to be done, you should expect getting under 10 for it!

rodo
02-03-2008, 07:04 PM
someone on here is selling their eurospec for not much more than what you're asking...

propr'one
02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
assuming you finished the car, got a rebuilt title, installed DRL's, airbag stickers (and fixed all the airbags, you HAVE to have working airbags to import the car to canada), and it passed RIV inspection, then you got it to pass e-test, and a safety, and it was put back on the road as rebuilt, the car would be worth 9K. Mabye 10.

I know its low mileage, but honestly, the car was written off. They dont write cars off for light damage.

And honestly, the stuff that's missing from this car is gonna be pricey to replace.

I suggest you part it out bro.

3-4K for the motor (low mileage)
800 for tranny (low mileage)
400$ for the diff (low mileage)

just the driveline can fetch you 5-6K, wheel another grand, interior another grand.

its the easiest way to get the money out of the car without having to deal with importing it and shit.

BMWzzz
02-04-2008, 08:58 PM
assuming you finished the car, got a rebuilt title, installed DRL's, airbag stickers (and fixed all the airbags, you HAVE to have working airbags to import the car to canada), and it passed RIV inspection, then you got it to pass e-test, and a safety, and it was put back on the road as rebuilt, the car would be worth 9K. Mabye 10.

I know its low mileage, but honestly, the car was written off. They dont write cars off for light damage.

And honestly, the stuff that's missing from this car is gonna be pricey to replace.

I suggest you part it out bro.

3-4K for the motor (low mileage)
800 for tranny (low mileage)
400$ for the diff (low mileage)

just the driveline can fetch you 5-6K, wheel another grand, interior another grand.

its the easiest way to get the money out of the car without having to deal with importing it and shit.

for 10gs i rather drive it for as long as it lasts
salvage does not mean it was hit hard... i have been looking at auctions for years now and have bought quite a bit small damage cars..
i.e. i bought an 06 cobalt with bumper missing (it was in car but scratched) headlight cracked and fender needed..car was branded salvage, there was nothing else wrong other than that, and the check engine light which was a soft code anyways

the car is already imported into canada and all legal... it can be registered and driven anytime of the day
the parts missing id estimate roughly a grand maximum + paint which depends if you want to paint the whole car or just the parts

Soldo
02-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Either way, its much to high of an asking price considering the going rate of these vehicles without any titles.

FACT: Titles do hurt the value of a car!

BMWzzz
02-04-2008, 09:12 PM
i know titles hurt the value of a car...
your telling me a 99 black on black m3 is worth 8grand...
like i said, ill never get one like this for that kind of money so i rather keep it if thats what people offer me

T.Dot_E30
02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
i know titles hurt the value of a car...
your telling me a 99 black on black m3 is worth 8grand...
like i said, ill never get one like this for that kind of money so i rather keep it if thats what people offer me

no we're saying a good condition one would be in the range of 14-18k.
Since yours has been salvaged, plus it is not complete, needs work, etc.

at your price, the total cost of ownership is somewhere around 17k-18k fixed right. Then you end up with a salvaged m3....hardly worth it.

You're better off finding a clean titled, clean straight, un-modded, original m3.

Since you've already spent taht much money, you better keep it or expect a loss.

BMWzzz
02-04-2008, 09:33 PM
no we're saying a good condition one would be in the range of 14-18k.
Since yours has been salvaged, plus it is not complete, needs work, etc.

at your price, the total cost of ownership is somewhere around 17k-18k fixed right. Then you end up with a salvaged m3....hardly worth it.

You're better off finding a clean titled, clean straight, un-modded, original m3.

Since you've already spent taht much money, you better keep it or expect a loss.

how is the total cost of ownership for my car 4 more grand?

T.Dot_E30
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
how is the total cost of ownership for my car 4 more grand?

$14500 AS IS (you can take it to mechanic to get it checked out...only reason i cant sell it CERT/ETEST is because i bought it theft recov and i havent finished it)
it needs: paint trunk lid, tail light bulb things, front grills, fog lights, corner light, new fender (this one has a dent in it), m3 side skirts, paint front end (its got new M3 bumper) etc...

Plus certifying it, etest. Federalizing it (DRLs). Transfer taxes etc.

You said yourself it needs the front end painted + a trunk lid. Getting that done properly aint cheap. Might as well paint the whole car.

Plus im sure there will be misc. things here and there that would add up.

17k -14500 = 2500

So i'd say around 2500-3500 easy. Not 4k, but could very well be.

BMWzzz
02-04-2008, 09:52 PM
why do you keep on talking about it like its getting imported... IT IS ALREADY A LEGAL CAR IN CANADA...
CERT/ETEST AND YOU CAN DRIVE IT HERE
and i dont think new paint counts as a 2+grand cost added to 14gs...
if you do than you might as well raise your *mint M3 for 18* to 19500-20000 cuz it aint gonna have new paint

lol...someone said the car is worth 9 maybe 10 cert/etest everything finished..
show me a black m3 for 12 and ill buy it

anyways... the guys that pmed me ill send you pics, if your interested you can come down, check it out, if you like it maybe we can work something out
otherwise
im done with this talk of 10 grand cert/etest m3s or 3.5 grand EASY to buy minor parts and paint it

Lee
02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi there. Here's how it goes.

Who will buy a car that needs to be completed? Either a "handy" guy or a bodyshop. In both cases, they will pay trade price, which is much lower than public price. Therefore, they won't pay much more than the estimated $9k. Who could pay $14k for an unfinished car with a bad title? Not mister Average who will be put off by what needs to be done on the car. Mister Average has money but wants a turn-key car. So, if you want your money, then spend another $3k or $4k and see if it sells at $18k.

Anyway, good luck with the sale.

BMWzzz
02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
i dont need to spend another 3-4.. it needs minor parts
but yeah i think thats what ill do.. i probably wont ask 18 because i rather sell it quick.. once the season comes im sure id get at least 16500
either way think about it... how is a car that is legal on road, can be taken to mechanic, looked at, worth 9gs.. id understand if you say 9gs from states.. your buying a car you dont know what to expect... even if you are buying it in most cases you cant take it up on hoist than pay to get it transfered to canada you still gonna pay more than 10
its not like they sell at auctions for 2-3 gs...
but thanks anyways

Manimillion
02-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Let me jump in this thread too... I dont' like bashing people's for sale threads, but I think this might clear you up and hopefuly help you sell your vehicle quickly (as you want to do so).

I am in the market for an E36 M3 at the moment, and from the prices I've seen, everyone that has replied about your price being too high is right. I would like to think that, the E36 M3's main buyers are enthusiasts, and I don't think anyone would want a salvage tittled car, even if it was salvaged just because the car was scratched. You can pick up a mint mint mint M3 for $20K if you do your homework right, and that is including all the taxes etc...

Another thing I want to raise awareness to you is that, come the new season, the E90 M3 will be available in North America, this means the E46's which have already depreciated quite a bit, will take an other plunge on their prices. Guess what? The E36 M3's will be hurt from this too, since most of the average person who would buy an E36 M3 will be able to afford an E46 M3.

Good luck with the sale.

I hope you get the asking price you have, but I highly doubt that you will get that price.

BMWzzz
02-05-2008, 06:41 PM
i was just seeing what people said its worth...
there are LOTS OF SALVAGED M3's out there dont act as if mine being salvaged is a huge turn off at least 80% of the ones you get from states have been hit.. and i didnt say the other car i bought was salvaged because of a scratch, it had damage, i was merely implying that not all salvaged cars are hit hard...all you have to do is spend a week looking at auction and youll see that

14500 might be high..lets say it is..
either way im not gonna sell shit on here, some people are saying its worth 9, 10 at max CERT/ETEST.. i think thats just retarded, for 10 grand you cant even pick up an 02/03 civic with low K
but i sure as hell would never let it go for 10gs...
black on black is fairly rare, the fact that its a 99 makes it hard to find but whatever i think ill just keep it until july than sell it cert/etest

marek
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
This is maxbimmer, even if you were selling the car for $5k with warranty and a full maintenance plan there would be some genius who owns a $1k E30 telling you it's too much because his uncles' girlfriend's donkey's brother's wife has one that she is willing to pay someone to take it of her hands.

Good luck with the sale, finish it and sell it in the spring for $16.5k

T.Dot_E30
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
some genius who owns a $1k E30 telling you it's too much

My feelings are hurt that you think i own a $1k e30.
You make so much sense and provide so much evidence to backup your case.

It's probably more like a $500 e30.

propr'one
02-05-2008, 09:59 PM
yeah, drive it if its worth it to you, but you're not legally allowed to drive a salvage title car in ontario. Even with a dealer licence, you're still not allowed to drive it on the roads. So if you are doing so, you are doing it illegally.

Whip_lash
02-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Didnt a guy sell a black on black m3 that was hit by a tree branch and barely had any damage here like last year for about $7000... didnt even sell that fast.

slimjim
02-06-2008, 12:29 AM
It's probably more like a $500 e30.

WOOT WOOT! 500 dollar e30 FTW!!:D .....actually 550, 50 bucks for towing *mumble*