PDA

View Full Version : 1994 318i parts car (rear ended)

m4ce
01-30-2008, 12:06 AM
This is Dave's (Autopia owner's) old car for those who know him and his car. It has been rear ended recently (I'm still getting over my loss). The car was in mint condition before the accident but was deemed irreparable by the insurance (salvage title).

The car was selling for $8000 when I bought it. This is the add for the car when I bought it 3 month ago.
http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96071

Shoot me some offers that I can consider. Thanks.

Pictures of the car before and after the accident:

Eurostyle
01-30-2008, 12:26 AM
Be carefull to not use both "irreparable" and "salvage" to describe the car, they are two WAY different things! In your case not that much, because i cant see anyone fixing all that damage, but still...If it was irreparable, you wont be able to use it on the road ever again, if its salvage you can, after fixing it and doing a structural inspection...

m4ce
01-30-2008, 01:08 AM
Thanks Eurostyle for clearing it up. The car has a salvage title so it can be put back on the road.
One more clarification, I am not parting out the car I am trying to sell it as a whole. Perhaps someone has a project car and could use many parts from this car. Rebuilt engine, clean interior, body panels, c/f hood, etc, etc...

E36is
01-30-2008, 07:01 AM
what a loss... hope you nail the facker that hit you.. what happened to cause such a hit?

5JABIJ8
01-30-2008, 10:17 AM
sorry for your loss. but hopefully your ok that is what counts... cars can be replace.. and from the looks of it.. you were rear ended so wasn;t your fault hopefully you will get some good $$ to replace that with!!!*th-up*

Pm sent for parts..

static
01-30-2008, 10:58 AM
The car was rear-ended by a huge tank of an SUV (perhaps the driver was falling asleep)
Insurance doesn't wanna offer much money, but if you guys wanna help please post links to current for-sale ads of 1994 4door 318is that would be in similar cond and asking similar amount of $$ this car was bought for. That's what ins company is apparently looking for.

318cruzer
01-30-2008, 11:31 AM
What condition is the exhaust in?

craz azn
01-30-2008, 12:00 PM
oh shit that sucks. I remember seeing it at one of the AutoXs this year. Looked nice... Good luck with the insurance! Those people are bastards.

hypno_nls1
01-30-2008, 12:03 PM
just part her out, thurrs so many parts on there that i will be glad to take off your hands

m4ce
01-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the support guys.
I was rear ended while standing still on 404 by a pick-up truck driven by some kid. Can't describe how angry I was but more than that I was in disbelief that it happened. I wanted to be mad at myself but couldn't because I could not have done anything different to prevent the accident in fact I did manage to avoid hitting the cars in from of me so the front of the car is untouched.
The insurance company is scamming me big time, they don't want to give me even half of what I payed for that car. So I need to prove to them that this car is worth more by showing them ads of other 94 318i's selling for what I am asking, which is practically impossible since there is no other car like that, it was really one of a kind after all the work that was done on it.

Anyways, back to the business. What I am looking for is to sell this car as a whole if I can get something decent for it since its loaded with so much stuff. If I don't get anything good for it then I will just buy another 318 frame and swap everything over. So right now I am trying to see what I can get for it as a whole (no parting out). PM me your offers guys.

GTA_G20
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Sorry about your loss but at the end of the day the insurance insured a 1994 318is which was modded to look like a m3. Its not worth more than 3grand which is what they are most likely offering you, correct? Mods never make your car worth more than the retail value.

m4ce
01-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes some 318i that doesn't run is worth 3 grand. This car has more than 3 grand of aftermarket parts on it. Rebuild M42 engine. Paint work, body work (shaved mouldings) worth thousands, etc etc etc. That is why I am trying to make up for my loss of 5grand (paid 8grand getting back from insurance 3grand losing 5grand as of now) if I can't get anything decent for this car as it is now then I will just swap everything to another shell.

5JABIJ8
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
I think you should keep it like you said and swap out the parts... I can imagine the low ball offers your going to get for this..

m4ce
01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Keeping it is probably not a bad idea. But I know that no matter what I do I will never have the same e36 again. I am not quite sure yet if I want to get another e36 because of that. I might go with something else. Low balling is part of bargaining I do that too sometimes when I buy things so I am not offended by it. But obviously at the end of the day I will consider the highest offer I have. So let me see those offers coming.

mpower1226
01-30-2008, 07:38 PM
well, the day he got into an accident, he called me and told me what happened to the car and I cannot describe the emotional feeling that I was having on the phone.

However, good thing Touran worked out unharmed.
Cars can be replaced but lives can't

$500bimmer
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
man get another one!!

i did! you wont regret it!