PDA

View Full Version : So I decided NOT to sell my 2002... looking for some bits.

Bandi
01-15-2008, 04:13 PM
I smartened up and restored her... I'm very happy with the results and when I ground off all of the Bondo in the doors and quarter panels, I was very pleased to find almost no rust through. I was expecting a mess... the body was re-done in '87, new panels were brazed in (very nicely i might add), but they used a TON of bondo over top... not sure why. Anyhow, since the car sat in a field for a while, the bondo had absorbed a bunch of moisture and was starting to bulge out of spots.

So, after a lot of love, sanding, painting, etc... this is how she looks. (And I'm pleased to say not a lot of body filler, either)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/bandi_shots/P1040351.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/bandi_shots/P1040352.jpg

Anyhow... I'm looking for a couple of things: a driver's side wiper arm, the passenger's side chrome moulding that goes up the A pillar and across the roof, and a license plate light. Please let me know if you have any of these pieces.

I'll definitely be at some car shows and cruises this summer. Can't wait, either. I'm so glad I kept my car.

Also, if you ever see a post on here again saying it's for sale, please kick me.

Sneaky
01-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Cleeeeean

Bandi
01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Thanks! And just for the record... i didn't paint the car with the grilles installed, they were just the only trim pieces I had installed when I took the pic.

jm1602
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Post More Pictures!
Glad to hear you decided to keep the car after all. You won't regret the decision.

Is that Colorado or Inka, can't tell from the pictures. I may be able to find some parts for you. Are you looking for the drip rail? Runs along the top of the roof.

You need to pop out all of those trim clips are order them, also before you put them back in paint and put silicone in the holes to prevent future rust.

How are the frame rails and shock towers?

craz azn
01-15-2008, 10:22 PM
You've got one sweet tire on the left front hahaa

Bandi
01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Post More Pictures!
Glad to hear you decided to keep the car after all. You won't regret the decision.

Is that Colorado or Inka, can't tell from the pictures. I may be able to find some parts for you. Are you looking for the drip rail? Runs along the top of the roof.

You need to pop out all of those trim clips are order them, also before you put them back in paint and put silicone in the holes to prevent future rust.

How are the frame rails and shock towers?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, it's the drip rail trim I'm looking for... car is Inka, and the strut towers are totally rust free, and the frame rails and front floorpan were replaced before I bought the car, it looks like they did a really nice job of it, too.

Where can you order those trim clips from?

73 Tii
01-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Good for you keepin it! I ordered the majority of my parts through the US..pm me and I'll send you my guys info. The drip rail trim, that is the only piece you will probably need to buy from the dealer locally as it is a bear to ship.

Kris

///Maluco
01-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Very nice job...can't wait to see it when it's finished!

OT...I'm also interested in your '72 510...I also love those!

FuryriderX
06-12-2008, 07:25 PM
^ LOL

5 month old thread bumped in another language = PRICELESS

///Maluco
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
^ LOL

5 month old thread bumped in another language = PRICELESS

^ LOL

posting a 'priceless' comment in the wrong thread = PRICELESS :D

FuryriderX
06-18-2008, 03:26 PM
we're all human :)

DEZIAC
10-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Any progress updates on your car? Post pics if you can, that paint is lookin good!

DUBL02
10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Hi Bandi, just noticed you were looking for some of the plastic trim clips for the hood trim etc. How many do you need as I have some in a bag that I thought I would use someday but didn't.
Martin.